Fire and Explosion

An Idaho couple sustained life-threating injuries when a boiler at First Congregational United Church of Christ exploded March 21. The husband and wife were taken to Port Neuf Medical Center where they were stabilized before being airlifted to the University of...

Savannah Dominick, 10, is the second child to die following a March 10 house fire in Harrisburg, PA believed to have started by a recharging hoverboard. Savannah and her sister Ashanti Hughes, 3, both suffered third-degree burns covering 95 percent of...

A gas leak is the suspected source of an explosion at Pike's Soda Shop in Charlotte, NC that left one employee hospitalized with severe burns. The explosion and fire occurred during business hours at the restaurant, located on Camden Avenue,...

A fire started by a rechargeable hoverboard claimed the life of Ashanti Hughes, 3, and injured two other girls in Harrisburg, PA on Friday, March 10.  All three girls, two of whom sustained burns to 95 percent of their bodies, were...

A March 7 explosion at Hi-Tech Steel Treating in Saginaw, MI killed one man and injured another. A maintenance crew was working on a furnace inside the building, located at 2720 Roberts St., when it exploded shortly after 1 p.m. "They were...

A fire at Kozy Kottage, a Baltimore assisted living facility, has now claimed the lives of four people, two others remain hospitalized. Seven people were inside the building, located in the 2800 block of Lawina Road, when fire broke out...

A member of a work crew was severely injured in a house explosion in Manassas, VA on February 28. The home, located in the 11600 block of Kahns Road, was under construction and it is believed that the 6:50 a.m. explosion...

A 68-year-old man in El Cerrito, CA was airlifted to a burn unit after suffering second and third-degree burns in an apartment fire on February 27. The fire, at Idaho Apartments, located at 10203 San Pablo Avenue,  broke out just...